Good Morning Bleeps.
Well, yesterday sucked. I went to the Doctors about this UTI and the first question he asked me was did I have a urine sample. Yeah, I always carry pee around with me (roll eyes here). I told him that no, I didn't but I do know my body and I knew I had a UTI and needed antibiotics. I guess he had to make sure so off I went with a little bottle to get him the sample as requested.
While I was gone I guess he looked at my notes and when I came back in he told me that my kidney scan came back normal. WTF?!
The urologist told me that if I had a normal result then he would just write to me and would only send an appointment if it was NOT normal. Since I had the appointment come through I assumed that they found something had changed since the last time I had it done. I had hoped that maybe they would offer some treatment and that might lead to some of my symptoms being alleviated. How the hell can it be "normal" anyway when it wasn't normal 14 years ago? It isn't like kidneys just magically fix themselves, can they?
I started to cry and the Doctor looked surprised, he said to me that it was "good news" and I guess it is but I explained to him that it has been a year since I had a melt down in his office (not to mention the years I was fobbed off before that melt down as an "anxiety" case) and begged for help and that a year on all I know is that I have an abnormal brain MRI and a shit-load of symptoms. I told him my life is on hold, my business is going down the toilet and that I am so sick of feeling so unwell every day. He looked at me like I was a drama queen (it feels like a lot of people look at me like that lately) and sent me off with a prescription for the UTI (the sample proved that yes, I do in fact know my body and when I have an infection, go figure eh?!)
So I came home thinking sod it, what is even the point of going to the Urologist next month? For ANOTHER Doc to give me a great big dose of sweet FA? Then I wondered, maybe my Doc read the letter from the cardiologist and not the urologist? What if he got it wrong? Who knows? My experiences over the last year have led me to trust nobody in the medical field.
When I go to the Urologist next month, if he says it is a normal result I am going to give him a piece of what little sane mind I have left. I will remind him that he said he would inform me by letter of a normal result and that I have had my hopes up of getting some actual news when getting the appointment instead.
So I am back on another course of antibiotics, I am in pain (kept me awake all night), I am fed up and stressed out but I am so trying to keep on smiling. I have two friends in hospital right now and so my heart goes out to them and I hope the steroids kick in fast and they are both home quickly, MS is a bastard of a disease.
Thank you for all of the lovely messages I got from my blog yesterday, it means a lot to me to know how much people care.
So today I will pop matchsticks in my eyeballs to keep them open (no sleep does not make for a happy Karen), I will put on Nickelback at full blast (not long until the concert, woohoo) and I will work on my new business idea. I might even get started on my book.
So enough about me, how are YOU?

No comments:
Post a Comment