When I started this blog it was to just document and talk about my MS journey but it has become much more than just about my illness, it has become a way for me to talk about my life as a whole. I hope that it gives you more insight into this awful disease and at the same time you are enjoying sharing my life as I am enjoying sharing it with you.
It has been a very sad week with the loss of Ronny and then I got the sad news that a lovely lady I know lost her baby yesterday. Why is the world so cruel at times? I feel so sad for her and her husband and once again I am reminded by the fragile nature of life. I ask that you send a prayer (or whatever you believe in) out into the universe to help heal their broken hearts. I feel so very sorry for them.
This week has been a bad MS week too, what with going blind and feeling terrible most of the time but today I have woken up with minimal symptoms (just a numb face at the moment), so I am grateful for this while it lasts.
I have had a lot of grief from my ex husband too this week, which has been very stressful. As we MSers know, stress is not good for symptoms. I sadly can't just wipe him out of my life as we share children but wouldn't it be nice if it was that easy? The hardest thing for me as a mother is seeing how his controlling behaviour makes my daughter cry. Sadly there is no reasoning with him and I feel my symptoms getting worse as the abusive text messages escalate, so I have to just stop responding and trying to reason with him for the sake of my health. It is frustrating and I am at a loss how to handle the situation.
As this week draws to a close, I want to thank you for reading my blog, which hit over 5200 views yesterday. I am quite overwhelmed by the love and support from both MSers and also people who know someone with MS who have commented that the blog has helped them in some way, even if by just knowing they are not alone. I am happy and feel honoured to have you along with me for the ride.
One lady wrote that my blog "helped her to understand what her Dad goes through". I am truly, deeply touched when I read things like that. Having MS sucks at the very highest level but it has also introduced me to some lovely new friends and for that I am grateful. I hope you all have a great weekend with minimal (or no) symptoms for my fellow MSers, surrounded by people that you love.
So enough about me, how are YOU?
Dear Karen,
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to say "Thank You" for sharing your MS journey with us. I really enjoy reading what you write.
I was diagnosed with MS in July 2010. I went in for a routine MRI (I have Pituitary issues, among other things) and they found liaisons. Long story short I was diagnosed with MS. My Neurologist says that because of my routine MRI we caught the MS early on.
I don't have all the symptoms that you have. My main symptoms are fatigue and pain. (I completley relate to your blog, "Bleeping Fatigue".) But, I know eventually I will have these other symptoms.
Sorry for the long comment, my main point is - I enjoy reading your blog because it lets me know that I am not alone in this MS battle.
Thanks again,
Dawn
Hi Dawn,
DeleteI am so sorry to hear that you are part of the MS gang (hey, shall we wear cool leather jackets or something?)
I appreciate you reading what I write and also for taking the time to leave your message. It helps me to know that I am not crazy for feeling the way I do.
Lots of love to you
Karen
x