Wednesday, 28 March 2012

A Right Pain

Good Morning Bleeps.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and start to your week. I haven't felt much like blogging because to be honest I feel a bit exposed and creeped out.

Someone from my past has been reading and then taunted me by text calling them my "online rants" and "nonsense", using my illness as a weapon against me by saying cruel things about "not being right in the brain". Well duh, I think my abnormal brain scan showing lesions has already confirmed that not all is right in my brain, a bit sick to actually use this as a way to be abusive though I think. It has left me feeling stressed and vulnerable and that is the last thing I need right now as we all know the direct link between stress and symptoms. I almost thought of not blogging any more but then this person wins and I will be allowing myself to be controlled by their nastiness. I have decided to ignore the abuse and carry on because I really feel it helps to put my thoughts "out there" and I have had enough feedback to know that some of you relate to what I say.

On the upside my blog hit over 20,000 views this weekend, which just blows my mind because I only started it (not even) three months ago. I am honoured, humbled and very, VERY grateful. Thank you!

Yesterday I ended up back at the Doctors. I am still struggling with this pain in my right side along with constant nausea. I wake up feeling sick (watery mouth like I am going to throw up) and it gets worse after I eat. I saw a different GP, in fact he is the main Doctor at the practice but it used to be so hard to get to see him because he split hours with another surgery. He has now come back full time so (fingers crossed) it should be easier to get appointments with him.

I explained what was going on to him and he has ordered an ultrasound of my abdominal area to check my gallbladder. He had a prod around my tummy and there was pain where the gallbladder is. I also often get a bitter taste in my mouth, usually after I eat, so he wants to just check it out. The pain today is bad, going once again through to my back. I am feeling sick but at the same time I am nervous about eating because the nausea usually gets worse once I do. Even my black coffee today made me want to throw up.

I have had this pain before but it usually comes and goes and it only really ever at night. I haven't had this nausea with it before either but now it has been constant for a week so I am glad that he has ordered tests.

I had a friend who was in pain and left it, just assumed it was MS related and she ended up in the hospital with a severe kidney infection.

I don't think this pain has anything to do with MS. They do list abdominal pain and nausea as a Lupus symptom so that brings me back to wondering what really is going on with me. All I know for certain at this point is I have an A4 sheet of paper almost full of symptoms along with an abnormal brain MRI. Some symptoms are more MS based, others scream Lupus and some cross over both. I feel like I am going mad. It's funny too because I get messages from people saying things like "It definitely sounds like MS to me" or "it doesn't sound like you have MS to me based on your symptoms". At this point I don't really care what it is, I just want to know so that I can get on with my life and find a way to manage the symptoms.

I talked to my GP about the "probably MS" diagnosis and the brain lesions and he agreed that if my Lumbar Puncture and spine MRI tests come back clear that we should probably explore the possibility of Lupus, this reassured me as I was really worried I would be just left in limbo. He told me that after I see my Neuro on April 12th, depending on what he says then we will look at a referral to a Rheumatologist.

I explained to him that feeling like this every day is affecting my family and also my work, I feel like my life is just on hold. This weekend Phil ended up taking the girls down to the beach by himself because I literally didn't have the energy to make the five minute walk down the hill. I felt like I let them down.

So today I will try to get some work done although it has been a challenge this week because of the pain but as the saying goes, the show must go on.

So enough about me, how are YOU?









4 comments:

  1. Don't give up girly girl!
    Feel the power of eyeballs on your blog wishing you well and pushing to greater heights.

    Don't let the turkey texter get you down.

    Have you considered the existence of a spiritual side within to cope with the awfulnesses of limboland and the multitude of symptoms. It is very refreshing to be able to let everything out and discover the goodness that comes from within. Sorry, maybe this is too heavy but just wanting to help you desperately to find another way to cope.

    We can't have you run off into the never never, never to be heard of again. You're too much of good time.
    Thinking of you
    Blessings
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi chuck,glad to see you geting some answers at last ,youve spent to long in limbo land ,iv'e been there myself and its not mutch fun is it? glad your keeping on with the blogs and not letting your detractors get you down.they are very much in the minority as i am sure you know !take care of yourself ....;-)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there any way that the doctors would allow you to also do the Lupus testing BEFORE you see the neurologist? It is not all that uncommon to have more than one AI disease, although having lupus and ms would not be one of the more common combos. I would guess RA and MS are #1, but just a guess. Gall bladder? Mine was tested, too, and shown to be sluggish but not the source of my discomfort back in 2008. I hope you problem really is the GB, it is so easy to remove and fix that problem!
    be well, Laura
    PS - for some reason I still have problems signing in - you know who I am! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen... so sorry ur in so much pain. I haad my gallbladder out when I was 12 yrs old. We'll just say it was many years ago lol but it is the type of pain I will NEVER forget. Mainly just under breastbone and around right side to back. Always at night. The pain was excrutiating. Took drs 3 months to figure out what was wrong cause I was so young. Finally didultra sound and I had so many gallstones it looked like I swallowed a sack of marbless lol. Back then in was a big deal operation. I have a huge scar on my stomach and was in hosp for a few days. Now its laproscopic and ur in and out. I know the pain is horrible and hope that it is your gallbladder. Fast fix and you'll feel great. Good luck and keep os posted <3 xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete