Good Morning Bleeps.
Well I didn't get my wish of waking up to the snow being all gone and to add insult to injury, the snow of yesterday has turned to ice. I hope it all melts soon because I just will NOT go out in it. I hate being house-bound but don't want to risk my life (or the lives of others) by getting behind the wheel.
I really do need to be able to go out though because I have woken up with a really bad toothache and a trip to the dentist is required. You see, I broke my very back molar about two years ago on a bag of nuts while staying at a hotel. I was staying by Luton Airport for the night before I was to fly out to Majorca to join Phil (he was already there with Megan) to celebrate my 40th birthday.
I had checked out the hotel website before I booked and made sure they had a restaurant and everything a girl needs when staying alone but when I got there it became clear that they were big fat liars and there was no restaurant. When I questioned the receptionist, she replied with "Oh yeah, our website is wrong, we should change it really". Really? REALLY? I wasn't impressed but there is no reasoning with stupid so I just thanked her for her "help" and found their idea of a bar. Dinner was a glass of red wine and a bag of Nobby Nuts. Bloody Nobby, stole my tooth!
I managed to get through the holiday without too much pain (it was a bit sharp but that was all) and on my return home booked right in at my dentist to get it fixed. The dentist told me that he couldn't fix it as it had literally broken in two. He wouldn't be able to pull it out either as there wasn't enough of it left to grab hold of, likewise it couldn't be crowned for the same reason. He filled it with cement and said it should hold for a while but it was not a permanent answer.
The cement has fallen out and been re-filled twice since then but it just won't stay. It fell out for the last time a few months ago but with everything going on with my MS symptoms and feeling like poo, I just haven't been feeling up to going back. Now however, it is really painful and the problem is that the only permanent solution my dentist can offer is to call in the surgeon, put me under and dig it out. He has told me that the root is so long it is attached to the jaw bone and so it is sort of a big deal to get this sucker out. I keep putting it off because I just really cant face going through the pain (not to mention that it will cost me a fortune). Today though, the whole left side of my face is throbbing making me wonder how much of the facial pain I have been getting lately is MS and how much is dental?
I think that is the thing with MS, it is really easy to just put everything nasty that you feel down to it. My face is numb, is it the MS or is the nerve from my broken tooth inflamed causing some of the numbness? How do you know? I belong to a support group where one of the members put pain down to her MS and she ended up in the hospital with a serious kidney infection, it was nothing to do with her MS and she had misread her quite serious symptoms.
It is important I think to not just assume that everything is MS related (poor MS, sitting there getting the blame for everything) when you get a pain here or a niggle there. So, I will dose up on pain killers for now to combat the throbbing in my tooth and wait for the sun to come out and melt the white stuff so that I can get to the dentist.
I am a bit of a scaredy-cat when it comes to the dentist though, I am not ashamed to admit it. I hate the smell and the sound of the drill, I hate the feeling of laying there with what feels like no means of escape. I hate the hard plastic thing they put in your mouth and expect you to bite down onto for an xray when it really hurts. Basically, I just hate the whole environment. Actually thinking about it, snow is quite pretty and we don't get it often so really Mr. Frost, you are welcome to stay for a while longer and the dentist can wait!
So enough about me, how are YOU?

No comments:
Post a Comment